In 1950, the Salem and Lisbon churches left the Emmanuel Association. This led to the formation of a seven-member board of trustees and the school then became know as Salem Bible Institute. The board was not only in charge of the care of the buildings and grounds, but also appointed members of faculty and staff.
1950 – Became Salem Bible Institute
by Matt Davis | Aug 6, 2018